To be considered for this opportunity you must:
• Have attended high school for at least 2 years
• Be credit deficient
• Be at least 16 years old
• Have parental consent
• Have a mechanical aptitude and interest
• Be physically capable of performing job duties
The student selection process mirrors the employment application process and includes an introductory meeting to detail the specific student requirements.
Each spring, potential applicants are identified by high school personnel and invited to attend the introductory meeting. Interested candidates fill out a formal application and return the completed form to Second Chance Partners.
The process continues with:
• Panel interview with Second Chance Partners team
• Tour of education center and participating business partner
• Home visit to discuss the expectations of the contract which parent and student sign
• Notification of accepted candidates
• Drug screen completed before starting date
Each of these steps is critical in the selection process; student commitment is essential and parent support is required. Upon successful completion of the above requirements, students become participants of Second Chance Partners and begin the program in the fall.